DAF Support Engineer
Please review the job details below.
The Direct Access Engineering Support team is a part of the Mission Operations Center. The Direct Access Support Engineer (DSE) team's goal is to ensure that DigitalGlobe’s initiatives are met for the Corporate, Commercial and Defense/Intelligence Direct Access program. The contribution to this goal is to manage and maintain successful operations for all defense, intelligence, and commercial Direct Access Facility (DAF) customers with their ground stations utilizing the world's most advanced satellites. Proven ability to work cross-functional problems and solutions (Systems Engineering, Operations, Development, Test, IT infrastructure, and Architecture) ensuring successful access to local control and an encrypted downlink providing a confidential end-to-end workflow for DAF customers. The DSE is additionally responsible for supporting a number of internal departments which include Remote Systems, Direct Access Solutions and Project Management, and the Direct Access Account Management and Sales teams. This position also provides support to the overall factory to achieve the initiatives of the Direct Access Program. This is a level 2 position that is responsible for corresponding issues appropriately and effectively communicating with internal partners and the customer.
• Confirm Satellite Access Window plans and data files are received in a timely manner.
• Monitor Satellite Access Windows to guarantee successful execution and ensure delivery of imagery and products within deadlines.
• Support software deployments by conducting system testing to ensure DAF operations are nominal once complete.
• Provide support for Commercial and Defense Intelligence DAF contracts and ensuring terms and conditions are supportable by the ground system architecture.
• Frontline of Incident Management for Direct Access Customers during non-business hours.
• Troubleshooting Tier 1 and 2 issues in high pressure situations.
• Explain complex technical concepts in a simplified way to international customers.
• Network and Delivery technical support in time sensitive circumstances.
• Direct Access Support for Premium Indirect Tasking and Archive issues and delivery across the DAF ground system architecture.
• Utilize and maintain monitoring tools by performing ongoing assessments of efficiency/performance of these tools.
• Develop corrective actions and preventative solutions for technical issues.
• Work with Sales and Customer teams on requirements for DAF Access and Operation Implementation.
• Provide input and guarantee accuracy of Operations Efficiency & Transition documentation and procedures.
• Daily coordination with DG Operations teams regarding recommended actions for reported issues.
• Provide effective communication with team members, cross-departmental staff and DAF Customers regarding status, milestones, issues and resolution.
• Provide support outside of regular shifts as required to support a 24/7 Operations environment.
• Interface with, provide support to, and prioritize issues for equipment and system contractors.
• Manage deadlines and prioritize workloads in time sensitive situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Hold or ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- This position requires 24/7 rotational shift work.
- Geospatial and GIS experience or familiarity with remote sensing applications preferred.
- Ability to understand system level concepts and grasp the details of the interaction between components in the system.
- Background in satellite planning systems and processes.
- Ability to provide support and guidance to customers during the implementation of their DAF system and execution long term.
- Previous experience with customer-facing roles.
- Background in Windows & Unix/Linux Environments.
- Proficiency with understanding and modifying XML and JSON.
- Familiarity with scripting languages; Python or Ruby.
- Multilingual skills desired.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.