Cloud Software Architect
To ensure the success of our applications and the customers they serve, the Cloud Architect will. . .
- Envision, design, develop, implement, and support solutions that enhance the Ascendon cloud-based infrastructure in such areas as log analytics and health monitoring, continuous integration and deployment, dashboards and alerting, and other mission-critical operational capabilities.
- Partner with application support, deployment, and app dev teams to define requirements, implement solutions, and troubleshoot issues related to infrastructure operations.
- Explore emerging technologies and techniques to benefit Ascendon teams and customers, including machine learning and automated operations.
- Collaborate with team members on technical task identification, work estimates, and prioritization of work.
- Collaborate with other Domain Architects on infrastructure architecture and infrastructure change management.
- Build strong relationships with application development and infrastructure teams to develop a shared vision and execution for AWS standards and management.
- Coach and mentor team members to facilitate team growth and cross-training.
Think you might have the chops? You sure do if you have. . .
- 5+ years implementing public cloud architectures in support of high-scale solutions, especially in AWS.
- 5+ years experience with at least one compiled programming language (C#, Java, etc.)
- 2+ years operating and supporting production systems, including deploying software, monitoring health, and troubleshooting issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Passion for delighting the customer with aptitude, innovation, thoroughness and high quality deliverables.
- Passion for elegant architecture solutions for large-scale problems in a public cloud.
- Polished communication skills, broad technical knowledge and high self-confidence.
- Experience formulating solutions and effectively presenting findings, either one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Excellent listening, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
Other desired experience that will be helpful for the Cloud Architect role:
- Log and metric collection and monitoring using Elastic Stack and CloudWatch
- AWS Lambda function development using C# and Python
- Infrastructure as Code (Iac) using Terraform and/or AWS CloudFormation
- Software development tools, including Git and Visual Studio Code
- CI/CD pipeline design and implementation using AWS CodePipeline and/or Bamboo