Arrow Electronics is seeking a Cloud Engineer to join our team at our Centennial, CO facility. The Cloud Engineer will provide technical expertise in the IAAS/PAAS/SAAS Public Cloud domain in addition to facilitating project management cycles while working directly with Arrow's internal application services group. In this role, the Engineer will maintain a high level of technical aptitude in cloud and hybrid cloud solutions while also displaying a proven ability to communicate effectively and offer excellent customer service.
5+ years of experience working with business, applications, and infrastructure teams to design and implement IAAS, PAAS, SAAS cloud and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Providing cost estimates for new projects
- Collaborating in the creation work/design documents with team assistance.
- Performing "light" project management for on-boarding requests, collaborating with teams on scheduling actions and following change control processes.
- Assisting in show-back/charge back documentation and reports.
- Prior experience supporting Microsoft and/or Linux operating systems in a corporate environment on or off premise required.
- Prior experience designing/supporting IAAS infrastructure in a public cloud strongly preferred.
- Prior Knowledge of Azure Active Directory, Conditional Access, PowerBI a plus.
- Prior experience with Azure IAAS, PAAS, Networking and security a plus.
- Innovative self starter willing to learn, test, implement new technologies on existing and new public cloud providers.
- The Cloud Engineer under moderate supervision is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting the recommended infrastructure. This involves analyzing, configuring, testing and implementing the infrastructure. This may also involve monitoring and controlling the performance and status of the infrastructure. This role will also support and maintain the infrastructure. This may include evaluating and making recommendation in enhancements to the existing infrastructure.
- Plan, engineer and design the infrastructure.
- Develop and configure the infrastructure from conceptualization through stabilization using various computer platforms to include test, debug, performance analyze and document infrastructure components.
- Implement the infrastructure by analyzing the current system environment and infrastructure, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Implement test plans (including functionality, integrity, and stress testing: test matrices: and definition of test methodologies and strategy.
- Perform routine infrastructure analysis, and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels.
Experience / Education
Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
What’s In It For You:
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- Bike Racks
- And more!