Cloud Enablement Engineer
The Cloud Enablement Engineer reports into Portfolio and Program Management and provides technical leadership and execution ownership throughout a program or initiative focused on porting and cloud enabling software into the cloud. This role is responsible for deriving, designing and engineering solutions that have a direct impact on efficiency, cost, revenue and innovation for the company. A successful candidate in this role is a cloud solutions-focused leader who is able to ensure a product or capability is enabled on schedule. As our systems span multiple areas of expertise, this is role requires extensive technical leadership, collaboration, and clear communication, both written and verbal. The scope of deliverables includes: requirements derivation, solution design, initiative planning/readiness, and oversight of successful implementation or product roll out into the cloud.
The Cloud Enablement Engineer gathers and manages customer requirements as part of collaboration with market facing team members; leads and collaborates closely with Enterprise Architectures, Domain Architects and Systems Engineers to ensure alignment of customer requirements with development and implementation plans; collaborates closely with functional leads (Domain architects, product owners, subject matter experts) to define work plans and dependencies, responsible for outcome verification, and optimized transition to Operations; keeps end-user/operator apprised of solution and progress. This role is heavily cloud software based - and business-value focused.
- Possess broad, up-to-date technical skills across the core domains of software and IT infrastructure
- Have proficiency with all aspects of the software development process (Agile planning, testing, development, performance optimization, refactoring, debugging, production support), and all components of software delivery (infrastructure, networking, operating systems, middleware, application runtimes, service integration, data and databases, production monitoring)
- Expertise in programming languages, algorithms and data structures, distributed computing and multi-threading, distributed databases, fault-tolerance, relational and non-relational data modeling and other advanced topics that power modern applications
- Effectively communicate in a cross functional team and persuasively promote innovative new approaches that bring value to your customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) and at least 5 years of software development experience.
- Active TS/SCI DoD security clearance.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Operations - running real workloads in the cloud and diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Programming using Python and Java.
- Experience with a variety of relational and non-relational data stores.
- Exerpeicen working in a continuous delivery environment and creating RESTful microservices.
- Containerization technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with standard logging, monitoring, and alerting tools, such as Splunk.
- A passion for building highly automated systems.
- A good understanding of security best practices.
- Background in GIS, manufacturing, spacecraft command and control, ground systems infrastructure, or analytics are a plus.
- Familiarity with software development practices and various methodologies (Scaled Agile Framework preferred: SAFe, and Waterfall experience is beneficial as well)/
- Experience with AWS Lambda, AWS Tagging, AWS Cloud Formation (or Hashicorp Terraform) and Jenkins.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.