Big Data Architect - Platform Team
What You'll Do
- You will provide technical leadership contributing to the definition and development of large parts of our data architecture. You will engineer solutions to improve query performance, increase reporting scalability, and tame massive amounts of unstructured data. You’ll collaboratively curate and grow the core data platform to enable downstream systems across the organization to utilize complex data analytics quickly and efficiently.
What We’ll Achieve
- We will engineer new data analytics capabilities informed by POC’s and modeling exercises to ensure our data provides the most value to our customers.
- Engineers will ship more features thanks to our investment in the infrastructure required to collect, interpret, and present customer data on a system-wide scale.
- Our customers will rest-assured that their complex reports will be delivered quickly and consistently as a result of your dogged focus on understanding and normalizing the huge variety of high value data being collected.
- We will set ourselves up for future success by constantly evaluating and leveraging the best tools and technologies for large-scale data workloads.
- At the end of the day, we’ll be prepared to successfully manage the change and complexity of scaling our data-intensive applications, thanks to the efforts of the Platform Team!
Who You Are
- You are a strong software engineer with a passion for large-scale systems and professional experience with one of Java, Scala, Python, or R.
- You have professional experience modeling and normalizing analytics data.
- You understand Relational/Document/Columnar/Graph data stores and can offer an objective perspective on selecting the right tools for the job!
- You can articulate storage and data access technology tradeoffs to guide decisions enabling performant and scalable presentation of analytics data.
- You always value the team over individuals, and can point to examples of successful collaborative cultures you have thrived in.
- You are tech balanced and vendor/product neutral - You leave personal bias out of it.
- You are delivery oriented, and understand the tradeoffs between complete and perfect.
- You accept and act on constructive criticism, and recognize the value of knowing what you don’t know.
- Bonus points if you not only have these skills, but have also applied them to scaling applications!
- You have completed a degree in a technical field.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, as well as the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces. GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.