AWS Cloud Ops Engineers
Please review the job details below.
DigitalGlobe is continually seeking candidates with the following skills profile. This is not a formal opening. By applying to this role, you are expressing your interest in being considered for future roles inclusive of this skill profile.
We are looking for highly motivated Cloud Ops engineers to build our Next Generation Object Model in AWS. Our current model uses a tiered storage solution that leverages a robotic tape backup system in conjunction with a disk based cache on a clustered file system. We are building a new cloud version of this tiered storage system utilizing S3 and Glacier. We’ll employ machine learning models that optimize our cost and availability between S3 and Glacier in addition to providing key usage analytics.
The NOM mission is to take our entire 100 Petabyte, 16-plus year archive of satellite imagery, and put it in the cloud for real-time and scalable discovery, access and compute. We’ve been moving our imagery catalog to AWS as a key beta consumer of the AWS Snowmobile product for 2017, and in 2018 we look to unlock that imagery in new ways.
- 'Make-it-happen' attitude, the innate capacity for ownership and timely delivery of results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, and AWS CLI
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Ability to monitor and troubleshoot a very large complex system of services
- Experience with build CI/CD systems like Jenkins, Travis or TFS
- Experience in AWS devops teams
- Experience working in Agile development team
- US Citizenship OR Permanent Residency
- Experience in Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience with source control systems especially GIT
- Postgres/MySQL RDS (bonus for Aurora R&D)
- APM Experience: Dynatrace, App Dynamics, New Relic
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.