Zayo Group provides Communications Infrastructure services, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud services to the world’s leading businesses. In addition to high-capacity dark fiber, wavelength, Ethernet and other connectivity solutions, Zayo offers colocation and cloud services in its carrier-neutral data centers. Zayo provides clients with flexible, customized solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth and services.
As an Application Developer, you’ll have an opportunity to have an immediate impact on the value Zayo provides. This position is part of a dynamic team that is responsible for Zayo’s fiber inventory management system, GESW, and its web application, myWorld. This position will be responsible for all application development on the myWorld platform as well as work on integration projects between GESW and Salesforce. This integration will be achieved leveraging GE’s Geo Spatial Server to create the required API’s and web services. Using Scrum methodologies, the team owns development from start to finish, including gathering requirements, understanding priorities and ensuring proper acceptance testing is performed.
- Independently perform development, testing, implementation, documentation and any tasks related to developing a solution.
- Implement new enhancements including creation of custom objects, workflows, email alerts, and templates for both internal and external consumption.
- Develop integration to other third party solutions (Salesforce and GESW in particular).
- Participate in cross-functional development teams that address strategic business issues involving CRM and business functions.
- Effectively communicate technical issues and resolve problems at all levels of the organization.
- Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective.
- Education, training and or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science.
- 2 – 5 years of experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modeling, db schema.
- Experience and ability to work with team members in multiple geographical locations.
- Experience in / knowledge of telecommunications industry either directly or indirectly preferred.
- Proficiency with Salesforce is ideal.
- Experience with Agile Development and Scrum Methodologies preferred.
- Experience with test case and test driven development preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.