Direct Access Program (DAP) Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Administrator
The Direct Access Program (DAP) O&M Administrator is a member of the Direct Access and Remote Systems (DARS) team which runs the Direct Access Program (DAP). The DAP provides customers with the capability to task the DigitalGlobe satellites directly and receive and process their own image data through a DigitalGlobe-delivered customer ground station or Direct Access Facility (DAF). The DAP O&M Administrator is responsible for tracking all customer hardware warranties through to end of service life (EOSL), as well as assist with third party vendor support contracts and system continuity planning. The DAP O&M Administrator reports to the DAP O&M Project Manager and will work to identify gaps in hardware warranties or EOSL equipment, then coordinate with internal teams to define a recommended path, and support equipment continuity activities. An ideal candidate will be one with experience with hardware and third party support contractors, as well as an understanding of satellite ground systems.
- Manage the hardware inventory of existing DAF, antenna and network systems. This includes tracking hardware components make / model, warranty end dates, support service levels, and EOSL dates for existing and new equipment. This would also be applicable for new and future customers.
- Work with third party vendors to extend hardware warranties where possible, and identify equipment EOSL dates.
- Follow internal processes when working with internal organizations to assist in purchase of warranty extensions and/ or documenting EOSL notification letters and proposals.
- Partner closely with internal business and technical teams in the creation of component replacement proposals for equipment coming EOSL.
- Support development and communication to internal departments regarding costs, resources, and budget handling for equipment replacement projects.
- Provide insight and guidance to internal teams regarding DAF equipment warranties and support.
- Assist in the development and implementation of improved hardware and EOSL tracking procedures for the DAP program.
- Communication and coordination with external vendors.
- Define and prepare any additional DAP documentation that may be required.
- Ability to assist the DARS O&M Manager with support contract reviews and renewals, and other O&M activities.
- Understanding and adherence to DigitalGlobe and U.S. government policies for export and protection of data and imagery.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Technology field, and/or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience and/or general knowledge with system hardware tracking and management, including an understanding of warranties and end of service life concepts.
- US citizen and has the ability to obtain a US security clearance, if required.
- Ability to exercise attention to detail and follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to provide support and issue priorities to equipment and system contractors
- Willingness and ability to work across multiple functional organizations to assist in developing and documenting the scope, schedule, and budget for warranty extensions or EOSL equipment replacement solutions.
- Ability to grasp system solutions that will meet the specific needs of the customer.
- Experience with third party vendor procurement.
- Familiar with budget planning and handling.
- Willingness to assist internal teams with inquiries into the system hardware support.
- Provide support for the development of technical proposals to customers.
- Ability to work methodically to identify issues and develop solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, which could include customer communication and technical writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, understanding of international cultures.
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.