Web App UX Designer
Join the team transforming the way coaches and athletes interact!
As a UX Designer at TrainingPeaks you will provide intuitive, meaningful and elegant direction for our web app product features. Your user centered solutions, supported by research/data will provide the backbone for intuitive and compelling solutions. This position will report to the Creative Director and sits directly with the Web App Team.
TrainingPeaks provides the complete web, mobile and desktop solution for enabling smart and effective endurance training. Our products include TrainingPeaks.com Athlete and Coach Edition, WKO+ desktop software for cutting-edge scientific analysis and planning, and the TrainingPeaks mobile apps for iOS and Android. TrainingPeaks solutions are used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, athletes and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training.
In this role, you will specifically:
- Conduct user interviews and use UX research to inform all design decisions
- Explore several diverse solutions and validate the right solution with prototypes, usability testing and quantitative/qualitative customer research
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, prototypes and the specifics of user-centered design process to product, engineering, and key stakeholders.
- Develop low fidelity wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity design compositions that communicate interaction concepts and help define development requirements
What does it take to be successful in this role? Ideally you will have...
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and data-driven design strategies for mobile and web applications
- Fluency in user experience fundamentals such as research, journey mapping, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, usability testing and other UX deliverables
- Knowledge of best practices and platform specific design/UI patterns for web app platforms
- A Solid understanding of usability and heuristics
- Ability to prioritize your project work with your team, while being able to work collaboratively and independently
- Examples that reflect your ability to solve mobile and web UX design challenges
- Training in visual design with an appreciation of design principles (layout, typography, color theory, composition)
- Proficiency in leveraging the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Invision for mapping, wireframing, design mocks, and prototypes
- Minimum of 5 years experience solving interactive problems
- Experience working in an agile development process
>>> If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!