Do you have a passion for creating beautiful, clean user-centered design? Do you understand the difference between designing for the web and designing for mobile? Are you a self starter that excels in an environment where you may move from project to project within the same day? Are you motivated by the challenge of creating great design within the boundaries of company branding standards? Are you inspired by beautiful UI design and are excited by the opportunity that working for a dynamic in-house design team provides? Then you might be the Visual/Mobile Designer that HomeAdvisor needs!
HomeAdvisor is the leading online marketplace that connects homeowners with prescreened and rated contractors in their area. As a Visual/Mobile Designer for us, you will be part of our dynamic in-house Creative team, but will work closely with many different departments within HomeAdvisor and our companion brand Angie’s List.
We need someone who is self-reliant and self-motivated in a fast-paced, ever-evolving atmosphere. If you’re confident in your design skills, and this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you.
What you need to perform this role:
- Experience in UI design (web and mobile apps)
- Experience creating or working with Design Systems (UI libraries, Style Guides)
- Familiar with iOS and Android (Material) standards
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe CC
- Experience working with front-end developers
- Ability to explain design choices and present viable options
- Ability to incorporate feedback and iterate based on UX testing and performance data
This is NOT a UX position. This is entirely a visual design position with an emphasis on UI Design for Mobile apps
What we think it takes to be successful here:
- 3-5 years experience
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment with many teams
- Exceptional spoken and written comunication skills
- In-House design experience a plus
- BA / BFA recommended
Online Portfolio required for ample consideration
Bachelors or better.
Required: 3-5 years: Visual / Graphic and Mobile Design
Preferred: Proficient in Sketch, Adobe CC
Want a shot at being part of the HomeAdvisor team? Send us your resume and a link to your portfolio at HomeAdvisor.com, and we’ll take it from there.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/