Convercent is looking for a UX Researcher with enterprise software design skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute ethnographic studies on site at our customer companies, learn how our users do their work, what their challenges are, and how we could improve our product to better meet their needs.
- Bring a broad range of research methodologies to bear in order to understand each of our different types of users and use cases.
- Build collaborative relationships across multiple teams and work together to identify new features and innovations via the Design Thinking process.
- Work with product managers, engineers and the UX team to create storyboards, user narratives, and wireframes.
- Lead workshops and participatory design brainstorms and deliver findings and recommendations internally.
- Proactively perform data mining and research literature review.
- Combine user needs, business requirements, and foundational design principles to create end-to-end experience guidelines for our software and services.
- Work collaboratively with product managers and engineers to ensure that the voice of the user remains at the forefront of the design and development process.
- Degree in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Anthropology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in enterprise software design with at least 2 years of experience designing and conducting user research.
- Experience putting together research plans and leading strategic research with significant business outcomes and the ability to share examples through discussion and artifacts.
- Comfort managing multiple projects, including logistics of recruiting for multiple projects at once.
- A solid working knowledge of HTML & CSS (no coding required).
- Those who have worked with you wouldn’t hesitate to describe you as a senior user experience researcher. In other words, you have quite a lot of experience across a number of disciplines, both within the UX discipline as well as a general business acumen.
- You’re enthusiastic about communicating daily with engineers and incorporating their thoughts and input into your work.
- You’re interested in becoming a trusted advisor by building and managing relationships with your colleagues internally and with the customers that we serve.
- You possess a T-shaped skill set; that is to say, you have basic proficiency in a wide array of skills and expert proficiency in UX research and design.
- You excel at explaining things to others and leveraging different media for communicating different ideas to different audiences.
- You enjoy a balance of research fieldwork and collaborative solutions ideation.
- You can explain to us in an interview some strategies you might use for getting up to speed with our product.
- UI Design/Graphic Design Skills
- UX Engineering Skills
- Experience designing ERPs or other large information systems with complicated processes and systems workflows
- Substantial time in another career or careers before focusing on UX
- Agile development experience
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts and mitigating risk. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.