As a UX designer, you will be working on the experience for Hotel Engine, our B2B hotel booking product. You will use your skills in interaction design, visual design, and usability testing, to create lo-fi wireframes and hi-fi UI to create solutions for our customers. You will be a member of the newly formed product team working with various stakeholders across the company to translate customer feedback into intuitive, user-friendly solutions to create a better online customer experience. Our design department is small and nimble, and you will have an immediate impact on the future of our products.
- Take complex design problems and translate technical requirements into simple, elegant UX solutions.
- Collaborate with agile team members from story requirements to development deliverables by creating wireframes, prototypes, low fidelity and high fidelity mockup to present solutions to our product and engineering teams to get buy-in on your UX solutions.
- Develop cross-platform web, mobile, and app wireframes.
- Use branded components to create on-brand UI.
- Work and communicate with in-office and remote team members.
- Create usability testing plans to evaluate designs.
- High-fidelity wireframe and prototyping experience (i.e. Invision)
- Skilled in using design, wireframing, and use case tools (i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, usertesting.com)
- Excellent interaction design skills
- Experience moving designs throughout an agile development process, including monitoring and reporting progress in an Agile software program (i.e. Jira)
- Strong interpersonal skills that bridge business stakeholders and product development process
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, to drive the entire team to success
- Thrive in situations where one must efficiently make sense of chaos
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a rapidly changing environment
- Service oriented attitude with rapid responsiveness to internal and external requests
- Strong facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a collaborative attitude
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in graphic design, marketing, computer science, or other related fields
- 4+ years of UI / UX, graphic, and visual design in a corporate or agency context
- Experience with Project Management software (i.e. Atlassian stack JIRA)
- Previous experience with IT projects or software projects