As a UX Designer, you will be designing world-class user interfaces, mapping interactions across platforms, and validating prototypes by understanding user needs and motivations to help solve real business problems.
Because the UX Team at EMS Software is new, this presents opportunity for growth, experimentation, and the challenge to create something truly great – all while having the support of an executive team that understands and doesn’t interfere with the UX process. As a UX Designer, you will join us in shaping the vision for groundbreaking applications that can change how millions of people interact in the workplace.
What We're Looking For
- Translate complex product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows
- Identify overarching interaction and style patterns to ensure a consistent user experience
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions
- Explain your ideas, designs, and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders
- Collaborate with peers, Product Managers, and Developers throughout the entire product lifecycle
There are some things that we require to ensure mutual success:
- 2 to 5 years of experience designing business-oriented web and mobile applications
- A laid back personality that accepts input gracefully, but can unleash a fire in the belly to get things done
- A passion for user-centered design and innovation
- Experience with creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes using tools like Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, UXPin, and Invision
- Experience with diagramming user workflows with tools like OmniGraffle, Visio, or Google Draw
- A firm understanding of user research and usability testing techniques
What We Value
- We do the right thing…for our customers, our company, and each other.
- We see around corners and into the future. We anticipate needs, thinking two steps or even twenty-two steps ahead.
- We value diversity. We are inclusive, valuing a variety of perspectives.
- We work together to get it done. We are a team - we accomplish more by working together than as individuals.
- We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We have fun, celebrate our victories, and enjoy each other's company.
EMS Software is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at EMS Software will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. EMS Software does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.