User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer
LogRhythm is seeking an exceptional User Experience designer and researcher to join our team at our corporate office in Boulder, Colorado. You’ll work alongside other UX professionals, as well as engineers and product owners, to create the next generation of cyber defense tools. We apply an array of research techniques to ensure that our award-winning user experience continues to set the bar for innovation in data visualization, security workflow, and threat analysis. If you consider yourself highly creative, enjoy solving challenging user interaction problems -- particularly those related to data visualization -- and are interesting in joining a dedicated (and occasionally funny) team, we encourage you to apply.
- Collaborate effectively with diverse engineering teams and company departments to deliver an effective user experience across a variety of platforms and audiences.
- Lead user study preparation and execution, including participant recruitment, experimental design, facilitation, observation, etc.
- Work with teammates to interpret research findings and distill them into actionable product requirements and related artifacts (including wireframes, comps, etc.).
- Present usability findings, best practices, and feature roadmaps to team members and stakeholders.
- Support the development process with high-quality UX artifacts (wireframes, mockups, findings documents, style guides, personas, etc.).
- Be an effective and positive participant in team discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, interaction design, psychology, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/UI Designer for enterprise web applications.
- Demonstrated experience designing data visualizations for large and/or complex data sets.
- Familiarity with software application design conventions, technologies, development practices, etc.
- An understanding of the human mind, including: the visual system, learning and memory, our perceptual biases, etc.
- Experience with user research methods.
- An ever-evolving toolbox, which probably includes some of these: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Axure, InVision, HTML/CSS
- A general understanding of hardware, software, computer networks, the Internet, and the basic components of Information Technology.
- Strong written, verbal, and intangible communication skills.
- An ability to mentor more junior members of the team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of, or an aptitude for learning, the unique landscape of the software security industry.
- Familiarity with web application technologies, development practices, etc.
- Familiarity with agile software development principles and practices.
LogRhythm is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.