Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Agile Central, formerly known as Rally Software, is creating a cutting edge, scalable, and service oriented SaaS product using a broad range of technologies. Our product helps you speed up value delivery, align development with your portfolio's highest priorities, and make responsiveness the backbone of your business through agile methodologies. We are growing rapidly and globally, so the problems we tackle are big and getting bigger. We practice continuous deployment, dedicate time to hackathons to support innovations, and encourage our teams to blog and participate in local technology meetups. We take walks, have fresh kegs of local brews, play foosball, host potlucks and work on jigsaw puzzles to give our brains a break.
We are actively seeking a senior user experience researcher to deliver actionable quantitative and quantitative insights from our users to shape the future of the Agile Central product experience. You will partner with product managers, engineers, sales, support, and user experience designers to influence all stages of development, from new opportunities to validation and refinement of delivered features. You are a self-starter, an expert facilitator, a stickler for details, coach, and constant learner.
Key Responsibilities - What You’ll be Doing:
- Plan and execute user research throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation
- Collect and analyze user behavior through contextual inquiry, participatory design workshops, interviews, formative and summative usability testing, surveys, ethnography, usage analytics, and support tickets.
- Work with extended team to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Share research findings with diverse audiences in creative ways to increase user empathy, including posters, workshops, demo videos, and in-person presentations.
- Coach jr. researchers and designers through the planning and execution of a wide range of research activities.
- Proactively involve the product team in the research process
What You Bring to the Table
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Insatiable curiosity and an obsession with enterprise software design.
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical (engineering, architects) and business (product managers) audiences and gain consensus.
- The ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization through workshops, written, and verbal communications.
- Experience training and mentoring others in UX research methodologies and best practices
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, preferable.
- Ability to juggle – metaphorically and perhaps physically.
- Ability to act independently with guidance from the UX Manager
- Must be able to provide work samples showcasing UX prowess, creativity, and depth of thought, coupled with fluency in best practices for quantitative and qualitative research activities.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, HCI or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of related work experience. UX research experience must include an established, heavily trafficked, enterprise product.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers, and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.