Sr. Digital Art Director
BLKDG (pronounced Black Dog) is seeking an experienced Senior Digital Art Director to assist in the creation, design and production of interactive digital experiences. The responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, implementing digital marketing strategies and developing interactive design solutions. The Art Director will lead a collaborative team of designers, copywriters, information architects, content strategists and technical production developers.
In this position, you are....
- the day-to-day tactical Creative Lead that works with internal partners to develop solutions appropriate for the brand and attainable from a timeline/budget perspective (scoping). The Art Director also oversees/mentors a team of creatives on a per-project basis.
- responsible for the creative quality of concepts, experiences and assets produced in-house, while being hands-on in creative development, art direction and execution of content and assets for BLKDG's website, apps, content, seasonal campaigns, social, email and eCommerce experiences.
- mentoring, coaching and managing members of the digital creative team in Denver will also form part of this position. Your collaborative approach, strong communication skills and ability to build stakeholder relationships swiftly will strengthen your success in this position.
- able to implement strategic thinking across appropriate platforms, while having a strong design aesthetic merged with an acute understanding of digital sensibilities: structure, grids, typography, SEO, copywriting and the occasional limitations of digital development. In addition to overseeing current teams, this role requires you to be a hands-on art director, who is also experienced working on set with photographers, film-makers, and editors.
What We Are Looking For...
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication Design/Graphic Design or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in digital creative department, ideally in the role of UI/UX with some leadership experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing expertise in digital design: typography, color, usability, layout and animation production
- Understanding of HTML/CSS, CMS systems, ecommerce & tech infrastructure capabilities
- Conceptual, innovative, adventurous, while having an acute eye for detail and desire for quality
- A collaborative and team oriented individual who embraces challenges and is able to build strong relationships
BLKDG provides a supportive and stimulating working environment and a commitment to developing our employees at all levels. BLKDG is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate of gender, race, religion.