Sr CMF Designer (PopLabs)
Sr CMF Designer (PopLabs)
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, check out: https://www.builtincolorado.com/company/popsockets-llc
As Sr. CMF Designer at PopSockets, you will work with the Creative Director, VP of Engineering, and other designers to build an aesthetic vision for future PopGrips and CMF strategies for other hardware products. You will bring a developed awareness of product, culture, and fashion trends, and the ability/desire to develop a sensibility for how different segments of PopSockets customers consume culture and products. You will both generate and execute product ideas, applying skills in graphic and material/industrial design. You may be called upon to weigh in on digital products and UI design. This is a great opportunity for designers or artists who are experienced in apparel, jewelry, and textile design. This position is located in our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Execute the CMF portion of the PopLabs team’s new product concepts with speed, taste, and innovation
- Research trends and build cohesive seasonal collections with supporting evidence
- Build compelling presentations to communicate your ideas
- Coordinate with Product Management on go-to-market strategies, end-of-life strategies, and channel management
- Contribute to our approved material, color, and graphics library
- Assist Product Developers with specification documents for our vendors to execute our designs
- Discover and manage new vendors and sources of materials
- Work closely with Product Developers, Industrial Designers, Mechanical Engineers, and manufacturing partners on the execution of your designs and solutions to manufacturing challenges
- Art-direct product photography and renders; supply Marketing with coherent product stories
- Contribute to all creative endeavors, critical reviews, and concepting sessions across the scope of the department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience. MFA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as a CMF designer, industrial designer, product designer, interior designer, graphic designer, or working artist in related discipline
- Embrace of the customer-centric ethos, i.e. ability to design for the customer, not just for yourself
- Proficiency with Adobe CC. Keyshot is a plus
- Understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%