Senior UX Designer
Enthusiastic and motivated individual for a detail oriented "hands-on" Senior UX Designer position. The qualified individual must have a sound knowledge in all aspects of general user interface design principles and user experience. The candidate for this position must also have strong planning, organization, communication skills and analytical skill sets.
- End to end design of projects that focus on a user-centered design approach
- Conduct remote usability studies and construct an analysis of issues and potential solutions
- Ability to lead and align design aspects of a project in support of organizational goals
- Strong ability to clearly communicate design concepts to the business and team members through sketching, wireframing, and storyboards
- Work with product teams to grow early concepts into engaging user experiences
- Conception and creation of design solutions that address both primary user goals as well as business goals
- Refinement, maintenance and enforcement of our current design guidelines and strategies across all platforms
- Make design modifications through front-end code
- Assessment and analysis of current site traffic trends and user behavior
- Work on multiple projects concurrently while handling many different types of design requests
- Adeptly handle changing priorities throughout a product life cycle
- Work strategically with and present your design solutions to a wide variety of teams and departments
- Able to propose multiple design interfaces through all possible user scenarios for review
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from a supervisor to accomplish objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of information architecture, interaction flow, user interface and visual design
- A solid understanding of web and mobile design principles and best use of current web and mobile technologies and scalable dynamic user interfaces
- Portfolio must demonstrate design processes and user interface design examples
Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of professional experience creating design solutions for multi-channel projects as an interaction designer or user experience designer. Experience with a designing for a global audience is preferred.
- Experience with conducting design sprints
- Experience with remote or on-site usability testing
- Experience creating low and high-fidelity wireframes, prototypes and production level visuals
- Experience with prototyping in HTML/CSS
- Experience with Sitecore
- Experience designing mobile applications and responsive websites
- Experience closely collaborating with technical teams and ensuring designs work within their development libraries and frameworks
- Experience working with an iteration-based development process such as Agile/Scrum is desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to analytically defend design decisions
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- At least 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role
- Expert knowledge with standard tools of design such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Balsamiq, Azure, and Adobe Creative Suite
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which offers: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) and Pension Plan, along with 10 days paid Vacation, 9 paid sick days, and 11 paid Holidays.
A close-knit culture and steady work/life balance are tantamount to success at Toastmasters International. The educational nonprofit strives to cultivate an upbeat, prolific workforce through valued perks, such as complimentary coffee and tea bar, free access to bikes in the business park, employee-focused events/lunches and prize-winning contests. The company-wide camaraderie can be felt in the sleek breakrooms and wide-open workspace that faces large windows and lets in a lot of light and positive energy in a LEED-certified building. Holidays are a big deal here: in addition to 11 paid holidays per year, the company encourages monthly potlucks, costumes on Halloween, department decorations and making merry at year’s end. Smart casual is the dress code, which means you can wear jeans with a nice shirt and shoes. Toastmasters employees are welcome to become Toastmasters members with free membership and an on-site company club. Wellness is a big focal point with health, dental and vision benefits; the company was awarded for being one of the Healthiest Companies in America by Interactive Health 2015-2018. Come on board with 10 paid vacation days, 9 paid sick days, life insurance, disability, retirement options and more. Find out how Toastmasters incites a sense of community and why co-workers say they feel like family.
Check out our new Built In Colorado profile at www.builtincolorado.com/company/toastmasters-international.
Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.