Senior UX Designer - Web Apps
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilizing the Semantic UI framework to design highly intuitive user experiences for our desktop Web applications by evaluating business goals, generative research, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Performing heuristic evaluations of current platform state to uncover and address IA inefficiencies and/or poor UX, then rapidly redesigning those experiences by leveraging your expertise Web-based administrative systems.
- Applying your skills in CSS and HTML to deliver pixel-perfect interfaces directly to Engineers in a tightly-coupled, collaborate process.
- Rapidly iterating on parallel design explorations, wire frames, and prototypes to arrive at elegant, simple, yet powerful solutions to challenging market problems.
- Providing executional precision throughout the course of the design and engineering life cycle, including detailed documentation and design QA.
- Championing the value of user-centered design throughout the organization.
What you’ll bring along:
- Undergraduate degree in HCI, cognitive psychology, product design or a related discipline
- At least 6 years of professional experience as a member of the Product team – not with an agency - utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to drive the design and experience of enterprise-class administrative Web applications.
- Solid command of CSS, HTML and how to leverage the power of browser developer tools to play with live interfaces during design exploration.
- Expertise in Sketch, Web-based design kits, component libraries, and a deep belief in the importance of process governance, especially at scale.
- Strength in information architecture, wire framing, interaction design, rapid prototyping and the restraint to properly iterate in an agile development process
- Expert level knowledge of user-centered design methodologies with the desire to influence and mentor the team in the value across a multidisciplinary team.
- Deep understanding of usability heuristics in order to properly apply them across a variety of ecosystem properties
- Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience of executives, product managers, software engineers, salespeople, then constructively integrate feedback
- Thrive in an environment where “what if” is commonplace
- Love working with people and play well as a member of the team
- Driven to help others – it feeds your soul
Our team members enjoy:
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to help you stay balanced
- Medical with HSA contribution
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
- Company Happy Hour Fridays
- Fresh fruit, snacks, coffee and sodas