Product Design Manager
As the Product Design Manager you’ll create the organizational conditions where exceptional design helps millions of shoppers save time and money, and drives business impact. You’ll set the design direction for the Ibotta product experience, influence the product’s strategic direction, develop and grow a team of talented designers, and help shape a culture of human-centered product development at Ibotta.
What you’ll be doing:
- Shape Ibotta’s approach to product development with human-centered design thinking, customer advocacy, and an outward, forward-looking perspective
- Build strong partnerships with leaders across the company, like product management, engineering, analytics, marketing, and customer support to realize seamless customer experiences that deliver business impact
- Lead, inspire, and motivate, as well as develop and grow, a team of talented designers who love working with you
- Recruit and hire equally exceptional talent
- Establish and drive the holistic design direction for Ibotta’s product experience, with brand and system-level consistency
- Influence and evolve Ibotta’s product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Leverage insights from UX research, market research, a/b testing, and analytics to inform design decisions
- Lead high-quality execution in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Serve as a public face for design and product development at Ibotta
- Interface with leadership team and stakeholders to champion the values of UX Design and maintain a design thinking perspective in strategy discussions
What we’re looking for:
- At least 7 years of product design experience, including 2+ years building and leading a highly effective design organization, with recent emphasis on modern, mobile-focused consumer brands and products.
- Swift, high-quality decision making, informed by data, but not paralyzed when faced with a lack of it
- Bridge building that fosters strong partnerships up, down, and across teams, functions, and departments
- Evidence creating clear, transparent, inclusive, and broadly understood design processes
- Excellent communication skills across mediums (visual, written, verbal) to shepherd stakeholders on your design journey and bolster your decisions with focus and brevity
- Extensive experience leveraging prototyping, UX research, market research, and A/B testing methodologies to arrive at exceptional design solutions that deliver impact
- Innate, current product and design sensibilities that strip away friction, deliver customer delight, and push our product forward
- Awareness of best-in-class design and prototyping tools
- Deep customer empathy and curiosity, passionate conviction that design excellence drives business impact, and an ego-free embrace of vigorous debate
- A strategic perspective to say No to good ideas so we can focus on the few, truly great ones
- In-depth experience building an informative and usable design system
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.