Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
As a User Experience Manager, you lead a team of designers and research to drive the future of CA Technologies Agile Central SaaS enterprise platform. You are a diplomat, people manager, strategic planner, experienced contributor, and user-centered design educator. You excel at identifying system-level problems and execute solutions that are useful, usable, desirable, and profitable.
CA Technologies creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. From planning to DevOps to security to systems management, our solutions power innovation and drive competitive advantage for businesses everywhere. CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact and communicate.
- Immerse yourself completely in the Agile Management product domain. Deeply understand user needs, business goals, and supporting technologies and translate these into product design strategies.
- Stay abreast of industry/technology trends relevant to the User Experience Design discipline.
- Stay focused on customer/market needs leveraging voice of the customer feedback from various sources.
- Utilize workshops and review sessions to guide the team from problem framing to conception to release.
- Collaborate effectively across all functions to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Balance available resources to support team objectives.
- Meet regularly with employees one-on-one for Pulse Conversations and coaching.
- Handle escalations that cannot be resolved independently by direct reports, and may similarly escalate to more senior management as appropriate.
- Assist in establishing goals and tracking metrics to ensure objectives are met and recommend process improvements.
- Support employees in setting and attaining professional and development goals.
- Support continuous learning.
- Coach and mentor employees on career and personal development, team collaboration, and Agile practices.
- Encourage employees to share feedback on the team, organization, and company via employee opinion surveys and other formal and informal channels.
- Ensure staff understand and adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
- Help to attract, recruit, retain, and develop top user experience talent.
- In-depth background in designing enterprise business software.
- A great portfolio highlighting specific examples of where user-centered design methods were used to achieve measurable results.
- Passion about user experience and the ability to work effectively within an agile development process.
- Demonstrate deep experience in user research, activities leading to product design strategy, planning, and design execution.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience speaking with a wide variety of technical and business audiences
- Ability to lead large-scale product design initiatives to successful completion.
- Ability to critique designs and constructively offer alternatives.
- Proficient knowledge of ROI methods for UX and business context of UX impact.
- Proficient ability to coach and mentor team members.
- BA/BS Degree or global equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Design, or related HCI discipline is preferred.
BachelorÆs degree or global equivalent is required, preferably in Information or Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or related HCI or design discipline. Equivalent practical experience will be considered.
7+ years of related professional experience.
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of global Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with our impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package –all while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short? CA’s fun, diverse, fast-paced culture have put us on the map as one of the best employers in IT. For more information, visit www.CA.com/careers.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong.
At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
We and all of our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
If you require an accommodation with the online application process, please contact Talent Acquisition at 1-800-454-3788.