Position: Director, UX
Location: Broomfield, CO
Alteryx Inc., headquartered in Irvine, CA, offers a quick-to-implement, end-to-end analytics platform that empowers business analysts and data scientists alike to break data barriers and deliver game-changing insights that are solving big business problems. The Alteryx platform is self-serve, click, drag-and-drop for hundreds of thousands of people in leading enterprises all over the world. Visit www.alteryx.com or call 1-888-836-4274.
Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in people’s lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
This role will be responsible for hiring, coaching, and developing the next generation Alteryx user experience (UX) team who creates user interfaces and rich user experiences to support data exploration and visual analysis. You will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives and other UX professionals through the planning and development lifecycle. You will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and guidance, with some hands-on product design to make sure that Alteryx creates products that satisfy customers and extend their ability to understand their data across the Alteryx platform.
- Leading, coaching, and developing diverse UX designers responsible for collaborating across the organization and creating visual user experiences
- Drive a responsive design agenda, ensuring product experiences render seamlessly
- Coaching a team how to ship great designs by participating in their design critique and iteration
- Representing the voice of your designers and their feature teams in collaboration with other teams, executives, managers, and peers
- Influencing decision-making across the company to drive the right changes in product, your team, and strategy
- Keeping the customer in mind with each design to ensure ease of use, customer attraction, and visually appealing interfaces
- Balance experimentation with execution and delivery
- Attract, recruit, and retain exceptional talent
- Establish design standards that reflect brand standards
- Stay in tuned with emerging trends and technologies and able to roll up your sleeves and create designs when needed
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience; with at least 3 years in leadership
- Proven ability to develop and bring to life creative ideas for user interface
- Fluency in best practices for web-based or mobile-based information architecture and design; Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Ability to work across all levels and functions of the organization
- Project management skills; problem solving skills; strategic thinking and business acumen
- Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams
The company will not provide sponsorship for work visas or other employment authorization for this position.
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered.
Alteryx, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Read Full Job Description