Guild is reinventing education as a benefit. Guild works with Fortune 500 companies and sets the new standard for what an education benefit looks like in the 21st century. We’re the leader in disrupting a $17B market that impacts over 64 million working Americans without a college degree. In today's world, a degree can dramatically affect one's salary, and in some cases, brings families out of poverty.
Guild’s programs are designed for the working adults who are struggling with affording and balancing life, work, and education. Students come to Guild through employers that offer tuition assistance; Guild then also partners with nonprofit Universities that have top online programs, the most affordable credit per class amounts, and, results-driven outputs for our students. At Guild, there are on-staff education advisors and coaches that ensure students are put into the best program to meet their goals as well as a weekly check-in to coach through the work-life-school balance and inner doubts.
Guild is female founded, venture backed, and mission driven. In mid-2017, Guild closed a $21M Series B from top investors: Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. We are a registered B-Corp. Enterprise partners include but are not limited to: Chipotle, DaVita, Discover, Lowes, Lyft, Taco Bell.
Our design team is looking to hire a Communications Designer that’s ready to jump into a mid-stage startup and witness the impact their design has on a business immediately. Are you a brand enthusiast that values the details? Do you have a strong point of view on design? When you decide to make something, do you see your vision from concept to launch without hand-holding? Are you ready to weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture to tell a greater story about who Guild is to our students?
- Direct, craft, and execute the future of Guild’s brand.
- Craft and build systems for creating on brand needed materials to support teams within Guild. Examples include: landing pages, emails, components, flyers, presentations, posters, swag, business cards, etc.
- Work with the product, marketing, and VP teams to identify and build branding strategies for Guild’s new and existing product lines; we have 2 large branding challenges at the forefront of our current business challenges.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to iterate on our current style guide and design language system.
- Design outward assets that are presented to Guild’s students, Fortune 500 executives, top Universities, top Silicon Valley investors, and our board of directors.
- Work closely with our marketing team to amplify Guild’s brand across product, advertising, content, social, experiential and media among others of regional and local campaigns
- Be a “protector” and the go to person of brand guidelines; ensure everything being presented from Guild is representative of our high design EQ and standards
- Work directly with the founders and CEO on investor and board decks.
- Be a data informed designer. User test brand elements, while also diving into quantitative data to ensure we are having the desired response.
- Bring the perspective of our students to the center of strategy and conversations about brand and product.
- You love writing copy.
- A background and/or eagerness to go deeper with HTML & CSS.
- You're passionate about making a positive social impact on the world
- 3+ years designing for brand and/or product
- You have experience building a brand’s integrated marketing presence and have an elevated design portfolio of past campaigns/content/creative projects
- You are on top of time management and know how to meet tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- You have a passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written, with experience in creative strategy
- You know that the details are what make the design
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project breakthroughs and deadlines