Technical Business Analyst
Prologis is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics real estate across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We create value by developing and managing a world-class portfolio of high-quality logistics and distribution facilities, serving customers and investors as an integral part of the global supply chain.
Technical Business Analyst
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet ft in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g.,
Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall
among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Here’s how to do that:
Prologis is looking for a Technical Business Analyst with a passion for using APIs to solve crazy problem at the convergence of technology and business. The ideal analyst will help us build, grow and maintain APIs to meet business needs within and beyond the commercial real estate industry in new and innovative ways. This position will be responsible for defining the PARS resource model and accompanying namespace that will be the foundation for the PARS API product. The Technical Business Analyst must understand how APIs are accelerating and disrupting businesses and apply that knowledge to conduct market research and create new business models and channels for Prologis through the use of APIs.
- Work with Product team to translate business and functional requirements into API User Stories.
- Work with Development team to translate user stories into API specifications.
- Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to brainstorm and create additional use-cases for APIs.
- Make product roadmap recommendations and have overall ownership of the API as a product.
- Apply Product Management, industry, and market expertise to champion APIs as a business enabler, leading efforts to translate business and functional requirements into API User Stories.
- Prioritize work and make strategic decisions on cutting or adding features during the development cycle.
- Contribute to API testing phases when requirement decisions must be made.
- Own all API documentation including documents for developer support, security, marketing, and training as needed.
- Stay on top of the latest developments in the API ecosystem and distill that knowledge into solid long-term investments.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and prioritize product enhancements, while simultaneously crushing technical debt.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in software Product Management.
- 2+ years of designing, programming, testing, or supporting APIs (though no API programming will be required for this specific role).
- 2+ years of experience with Agile process and principles, with a successful track record as a Product Owner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- High attention to detail and visual presentation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Expertise with API development and general IT technology and SDLC experience, as well as sound business acumen.
- OpenAPI specification and Swagger.
- Experience with Swagger/OpenAPI specification.
- Experience with HTTP APIs and RESTful web services design patterns.
- Ability to blend strong analytic capabilities with a creative mindset that can tie it all together into a compelling story/vision.
- Strategically see the big picture but can focus on the details needed to tactically execute to the plan and requirements.
- Passionate about building exceptional experiences and understand what a great API that meets these needs looks like.
- Ability to understand the importance of the developer experience to maximize impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- Strong communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- Good at sorting out ambiguity.
- Persistent, rational and possess the ability to put facts above speculation.
- Ability to direct scrum teams as the Product Owner.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile Development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements.
- Assist with planning and prioritizing product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Assess value, develop cases and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with PARS Team to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability.
Individuals take the initiative here. When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time
to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
Prologis offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.