Sr. Business Analyst
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will support the development of the product roadmap, and manage planning and requirements for new and existing products and features, services and improvements. This position is a linchpin of cross team communication between business development, development team, and the customer.
The Business Analyst will also be responsible for interacting with clients to collect and analyze their business requirements and transferring this knowledge to the development teams. The analyst must gain an in-depth knowledge of our products and our clients' businesses, and provide specific input on developing aspects of the product that will meet the client's business needs.
Reporting to the VP of Product Development, Program Managers, Project Managers, and Director of Account Management, as assigned on a project level.
Support our Software Development
- Requirements gathering and analysis - both internally and externally (from clients) and 25% travel to client sites
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents (BRD), user interface mock ups, process diagrams
- Prepare functional specifications documents (FSDs), interface requirements documents (IRDs) and facilitate the process of sign off from client.
- Manage client expectations and keep them informed and updated on the status and progress of requested changes
- Prepare training guides and functional specification documents
- Design and execute the test scripts and test scenarios
- Train the clients on using the software and optimizing their business processes
Support our Products
- Provide suggestions to the product development team during the development stage of product to meet the client's business needs
- Create product requirements documents for development team
- Coordinate roadmap; manage and execute timelines
- Communicate with all stakeholders appropriately
Skills and Qualifications
- 25% travel to client sites
- Minimum of 4+ years demonstrated development, product management and/or product owner work experience.
- Experience defining, executing, and delivering on SaaS software and web technology; delivering both backend and frontend solutions
- Understanding insurance as a business
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clearly define different delivery options and their respective tradeoffs.
- Strategic yet action-oriented thinking. Advanced analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS/BA in computer science, business, or related discipline.
- Moderate travel might be required for requirements gathering, training, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required sitting (to sit) for long periods of time using a computer. The employee is required to climb the stairs for meetings or office space on a regular basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this indoor job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the essential job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities.