Sr. Business Analyst – NOPSS
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Sr. Business Analyst – NOPSS (Network Operations Process System Support) will support investigating NCC business systems, identifying options for improving business systems and bridging the needs of the business for use by the NOPSS developer. This role will work directly with the NCC to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate features with the goal of automating value add business processes. Responsibilities will range from self-development of customer reports, business case development, technical writing, and process analysis. Our mission is to provide the Network Control Center with innovative tactical and strategic processes to drive operational capability, efficiency, quality, and scalability to surpass our customer’s expectations at the lowest possible cost.
- Analyze and define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
- Evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Contribute to project plans.
- Create custom queries, dashboards, and business reports utilizing data from various transactional repositories. Transactional repositories include but are not limited to the following: Salesforce (Service Image/Equipment Inventory/Maintenance Requests), NetCool (Alarm data), and MetaSolv (Network Image).
- Lead cross-functional business re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts across the NCC.
- Evaluate, propose and implement new processes as alternatives to optimize NCC efficiency.
- Partner with NOPSS developers to create functional system requirements based on business and user requirements.
- Author communications and presentations based on analysis performed.
- Review and provide feedback to customer RFPs as required.
- Partner with internal business organizations regarding circuit site and customer related data integrity issues.
- Produce executive level readouts in PowerPoint summarizing findings and recommendations.
- Stay engaged and communicate with the team. (Rocket.Chat, Chatter, etc.)
- Assist in maintenance of the NOPSS domain wiki pages.
- Ultimate authority and responsibility for NOPSS communications and reports.
- 5+ years’ telecom or equivalent experience.
- Moderate familiarity in fiber, SONET, DWDM, Ethernet, and IP.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- Salesforce reporting experience preferred.
- Process improvement experience preferred.
- 45 wpm typing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability / willingness to operate in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Analytical / critical thinking ability.
- Ability to shift and manage priorities to meet organizational goals.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.