Senior SQL Server DBA
The Senior SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server corporate databases. This position requires solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Experience with database performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backup, restore and recovery models.
- Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery options for SQL Server.
- Experience working with Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure.
- Flexible, team player, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan and work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities.
- SQL Server MCSA/MCSE certifications a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent is required.