Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Senior Data Scientist
We have an immediate need for a Senior Data Scientist who will be responsible for the technical aspects of running the data science team, designing and developing data science driven products and services, and identifying new and innovative ways data science can be applied to benefit the business. This is a high level of visibility role to senior management and key decision makers.
Leveraging data science to advance the services offered to our customers is one of the principal priorities of our firm. Help us take the HR and recruiting space towards a data driven future, build tools to help provide career options and advice to job seekers, and to help employers find the best qualifying talent.
· Responsible for recruiting and hiring new data scientists to the team in collaboration with the Director of Data Science
· Supports and ensures collaboration across the organization and key stakeholders
· Determines the technical direction of the data science team, in terms of tools and core technologies
· Ensures that the work of the team contributes to the strategic goals of the department and of the organization
· Designs the high level architecture of the data science applications
· Prioritizes data science workload \ manages current projects to ensure key deliverables are met
· Evangelizes data science both within and outside of the organizations
· Mentors data science team members and guides their development in technical areas
· Advises the Director of Data Science on future initiatives
· Performs data extraction, visualization, analysis, model development
· Designs and builds data-driven products and services
· Applies big data/advanced analytics to identify and exploit insights with positive business impact
What are we requiring for this role?
· Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
· In-depth knowledge of machine learning and NLP algorithms and techniques
· Strong programming skills, especially in Python
· Understanding of data storage technologies: relational databases/SQL, XML, JSON, etc.
· Experience processing large structured and unstructured datasets
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills
· 5 or more years relevant work experience working as a data scientist or in a data-related role
· 5 or more years of experience developing software.