Senior Data Engineer
Who is Return Path?
At Return Path, we know email. Our solution brings together the world's most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes. These data sources and partnerships have been established over our 19 year history, making Return Path a trusted industry leader.
Once you're an employee here, this is a place where you'll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You'll Have
If you love solving complex problems in a simple way, have solid data architecture and ETL programming skills and are passionate about achieving meaningful business results, then you may be the right fit as a Senior Data Engineer at Return Path.
The Data Engineering team is embedded within the Return Path's Analytics organization. As a Senior Data Engineer you will help to identify, design and implement solutions for extraction/integration of data for decision making, analysis and data insights. You will be working alongside other dedicated and passionate engineers, product managers, data scientists and data analysts. processing large data sets, architecting and maintaining our data warehouse and data lakes, turning business requirements into data features, applying data science models to our projects, and designing systems that fuel a number of our products. While you don't need a fancy degree to work here, you do need to embrace learning and continuous improvement, have a strong technical skill set, and favor simple solutions over complex ones. The people we hire are pragmatic, versatile, data-driven and self-directed.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Senior ETL development and data warehouse experience (8+ years).
- Experience in Snowflake data warehouse architecture and application development
- Strong SQL development skills, including complex joins, aggregations, analytical functions, derived tables, stored procedures, triggers and macros.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and concepts, including: star schemas, snowflakes, ETL processes , and dimensional modeling.
- Experience with one or more ETL tools including but not limited to: Informatica, Matillion, FiveTran, Segment.io, Stitch, Talend.
- Experience with system integrations across multiple systems and platforms.
- Experience working with high volume databases with partitioned data, performance, and tuning.
- Application development experience in ETL with Hadoop and Metadata.
- Experience or interest working on an agile team.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Interest and ability to learn new languages and technologies as needed.
Technology we use but you aren't required to know before you start:
- AWS cloud deployment and development
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Relational and NoSQL Databases
- Apache Spark, Scala
- Application development experience in ETL with Real-Time ETL, Unix/Linux shell scripting, Python scripting or other procedural programming.
- Knowledge of email technology (SMTP, DKIM, MIME, etc) a plus
We are looking for someone to work in our Broomfield office but are open to a remote position depending on the situation. In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits-it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.