Senior Data Engineer
AdAction Interactive is seeking a savvy Senior Data Engineer to power our growing team of analytics experts. They will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Senior Data Engineer will support our Product, Tech and Data teams and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Self-motivated and Intellectually curious; make recommendations for superior data warehousing solutions.
- Advanced working PostgresSQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with object-oriented scripting languages: Python, Java, Ruby, C++, etc.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
AdAction celebrates individuality and we value each other’s hard work by celebrating with exciting activities, lavish happy hours, complimentary meals, seasonal sports, and an all-inclusive staff retreat. We offer a flexible work schedule, including generous PTO, and a benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance and up to 6% 401k matching.