Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 75 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are in the process of obtaining our B Corp certification, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
What you get to do:
You will work in our Proposal department and support our responses to business requests from utilities and partners. You are the lead quantitative brain in our Proposal department, responsible for calculating costs, pricing and energy savings related to our proposed program design. This is a very unique opportunity to join a fast-growth company that recently acquired energy software companies to combine solutions for utilities with energy efficiency and demand response programs for residential and commercial customers. The Proposal department is based in Boulder, Colorado and supports our Sales department across the country.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- You will be front and center in the engine that supports revenue generation at the company. You will provide quantitative outputs for proposals–both formally solicited and proactively recommended.
- You will work in Excel and with a homegrown modeling system to get your job done, and you will be the primary owner of model outputs necessary to win bids
What you bring to Uplight:
- Expert Excel Skills–macros a must!
- Ability to identify benefits and costs in scenarios with multiple variables
- Experience working in shared drives for file management
- Background in analytics and running models
- Love of detail to the point of obsession
- A gift for communicating, collaborating and influencing a diverse set of employees, including senior sales people
- Adept time management and prioritization skills
- 2+ years experience in a professional environment performing quantitative work
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business preferred
- Knowledge of utility residential and non-residential energy efficiency and demand response programs and regulations, especially cost-effectiveness calculations!
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Familiarity with RFP processes
- Experience working with utility companies
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink