Risk Management Analyst
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Risk Management Analyst
This is a new role focused on developing and improving our internal risk and compliance processes at Marketo primarily in the fields of data protection, information governance and data privacy. This position will require collaboration with Security, Engineering, Product, Support and other departments to ensure compliance with policies and other activities which impact the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our application, infrastructure and business processes.
- Continue implementation of and manage the business continuity plan, including testing and risk assessment efforts and development of standard templates
- Establish and maintain organizational awareness about business continuity and provide training to key resources to ensure preparedness to respond during an event
- Conduct business impact analyses to determine critical business processes, identify components of critical infrastructure and operations, perform risk assessments and implement solutions across the business
- Work with Engineering and Product to address disaster recovery program as part of company’s cloud migration project, including testing methodologies and business resumption procedures in different functional areas
- Assess, formulate and monitor internal compliance requirements primarily in the fields of information security and data privacy
- Work on third party risk assessments and compliance requirements for our vendor and business partner risk programs
- Research and draft memoranda providing analysis and risk-based recommendations regarding the compliance rules and regulations (e.g., advertising and promotion, fraud and abuse, anti-kickback, privacy, and false claims act statutes) implicated by proposed or existing business strategies.
- Manage BIS export compliance
- Respond to employee, customer and other third-party compliance inquiries
- Develop metrics to measure and track compliance, risk and the effectiveness of the data protection and security programs
- Assist in evidence generation, collection and other activities to support compliance requirements
- Keep abreast of developing regulatory areas and guidance and implement new policies and procedures to address regulatory changes and/or new business lines
- 3+ years of relevant experience in risk management, business continuity and disaster recovery
- Experience in organizational programs and project management
- Highly analytical and an effective communicator capable of influencing across functional teams
- Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and have a proven track record of providing sound recommendations and insights based on detailed business analysis.
- Working knowledge of common audit and compliance requirements
- Working knowledge of common audit, compliance and assessment tools and programs (e.g., Promapp, ACL, Tableau)
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively at a fast-paced company and embrace change
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with keen attention to detail
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer