Guild is hiring a Researcher who will work closely with many of our internal teams (e.g., data and decision science, marketing, client success) deploying qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to tell an inclusive story of our students’ experience. We are looking for an experienced researcher who will play a pivotal role delivering timely and pragmatic research that allows Guild to grow and change as quickly as the communities and networks that we serve. You’ll love this role if you are excited to use your research and narrative skills to understand Guild’s current and prospective students, ultimately enabling students to go to school affordably, all while moving at startup speed.
As a Researcher you will:
- Write meaningful interview/focus group questions, recruit participants, conduct interviews and focus groups, and uncover insights from qualitative data
- Design and analyze surveys
- Combine and analyze disparate datasets
- Design, run, and analyze longitudinal studies
- Conduct literature reviews from credible industry and academic sources
- Create reports and communicate results to broad and varied audiences
- Consult and collaborate with other teams on research design and analysis
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- A graduate degree or 4+ years of experience leading research projects in industry
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, including data cleaning, descriptive statistics, and inferential statistics; experience with R or Python and SQL is preferred
- Expertise in qualitative data collection and analysis
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively convey research findings to stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- A desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
In addition to working on Research, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Emily Nava (Director, Data and Analytics), Randi Cosentino (Chief Academic Officer), and Zachary Rowe (Director of Strategic Partnerships).
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.