Manager of Machine Learning
Ibotta is seeking a Manager of Machine Learning to drive our team’s mission of building world-class machine learning solutions that help save millions of shoppers time and money. We're looking for a self-motivated manager who has a passion for pushing the envelope with scalable machine solutions leveraging technologies such as Python, Spark, AWS, Airflow, DynamoDB, TensorFlow, etc. We’re looking for a manager that is inspired by mentoring and coaching a talented group of machine learning engineers and providing technical leadership throughout the broader Analytics department.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Manage, mentor and scale a growing team of world-class machine learning engineers.
- Design, develop and deploy large scale, big data-driven machine learning models that are integrated with key product features. Some examples of potential projects include:
- Recommendation system that leverages robust, granular customer data sets and various modeling approaches to ensure the most relevant content is shown to each user
- Search relevancy engine that leverages machine learning, word embeddings, ranking algorithms, and millions of products across thousands of retailers
- Real-time user-specific pricing optimization
- Look-alike modeling algorithms that determine a user’s propensity to take an action in the future
- Multivariate testing framework that empirically evaluates the efficacy of product enhancements as quickly as possible
- Provide technical mentorship in machine learning areas such as supervised learning, causal inference, optimization, recommender systems, and production deployment.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and analytics leadership to help identify high impact applications for machine learning and data science solutions.
- Communicate complex data science solutions, concepts and the results of analyses in a clear and concise manner to business stakeholders and technology leaders to maximize the effectiveness and adoption of machine learning initiatives.
- Work closely with other machine learning leaders to continue to push the envelope on machine learning solutions at Ibotta
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist, or equivalent role with 2+ years in a tech lead and/or team management role.
- Advanced knowledge of a data science toolkit like: Python (strongly preferred), Spark ML, R or TensorFlow.
- Experience working with distributed big-data tools like: Spark, Hive or Pig.
- The ability to think critically, leverage domain expertise and translate high-level business objectives into tangible data science solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate across functional areas to establish priorities and drive towards common goals
- Deep hands-on experience prototyping, building, releasing, and monitoring mission-critical machine learning models in high traffic applications.
- Hands-on experience with agile software development, system reliability, and offline/online experimentation.
- Experience with product release processes like automated testing and code reviews.
- Comfort working within a cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out $340 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.