Machine Learning Engineer
Why work with us:
Blinker is a Denver-based mobile app that puts people in control of car ownership. We started our company because we believe the used car market has a major consumer problem – each year, twenty eight million people in the US buy or sell a car at the dealership and lose thousands of dollars in every transaction. Blinker is the only company that allows anyone to sell a car with a lien, buy a car with financing or refinance a car, all on their own with their mobile device.
Our CEO, Rod Buscher, founded Blinker in 2013. Today, Blinker's leadership team carries 170 years of collective automotive and lending experience. Blinker has received over 100,000 downloads and originated millions of dollars in auto loans. We’ve also won a 2017 SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, Colorado Biz Top Company Award, Telly Award, as well as been named a “Gazelle” by the Denver Office of Economic Development and a Colorado Company to Watch.
We’re looking for talented people to help us continue to scale our business and serve a nationwide audience from our headquarters in downtown Denver. We’re a passionate, smart, and driven group, working together to cause some major market disruption. You could be part of that. If you’re eager and ready to work alongside inspiring teammates and make a major, positive impact on our business each and every day, we want you to join us.
Summary of what you'll do:
Blinker is looking for a top-notch Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. In this role, the candidate will participate in the development and prototyping of emerging technologies. Successful candidates will have prior hands-on experience and demonstrated results in training and deploying Machine Learning solutions.
The candidate will work as an integral part of a talented team to develop and implement compelling new algorithms and technologies.
In addition to technical expertise, proven ability to work in a collaborative environment is critical. The candidate must have a demonstrated strong drive to accomplish high-impact results, set tough goals for himself/herself and execute to them, be energetic, have a positive attitude, take pride in achievements, and be straightforward in dealing with others in a direct and productive manner. Excellent communication skills are required.
What's expected of you?
- MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with focus on Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning
- Experience in image recognition algorithms
- Proficient with OpenCV
- Proficient with TensorFlow / Keras
- Hands-on coding experience in Python/C++
- Demonstrated results in developing innovative and creative prototypes and applications
- Packaging / deployment of Machine Learning solutions for production applications (TensorFlow Serving or similar)
You are required to have experience in one or more of the following:
- Object detection, identification, tracking and recognition
- Classifiers (usage and training)
- OCR (usage and training)
- Pose estimation
- Convolutional Neural Networks / Deep Learning
- Experience with big data processing in Spark / Hadoop
- Blinker Inc. does not currently provide Visa sponsorship
What we offer to you:
- Competitive pay + equity
- Paid/flexible time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and parental leave benefits
- 401K Plan
- Parking/RTD transportation allowance
- Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, beverages, & cold brew coffee on tap
- Regularly recurring, company-side social activities (e.g. BBQ lunches on patio and afternoon happy hours)