Machine Learning Engineer
Ombud is developing an Intelligent Content Collaboration platform, a first in the industry that brings together Semi-Structured Content Management, Machine Automation and Collaborative Authoring Workflows. Our team is passionate about solving real-world collaboration challenges for practitioners at some of the most respected enterprises in the world. We are looking for a talented Software Developer turned Machine Learning Scientist who has a passion for optimizing data models and providing real-world commercial impact to make end-users’ lives better.
You will work in the heart of downtown Denver with an agile team of developers to deliver new machine learning capabilities, performance analytics and automation for manual tasks for our user community. Ombud's Machine Learning Engineering Team bridges the gap between data classification, natural language processing and business optimization analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data analytics, natural language processing and rule-based models
- Write code in tandem with the core engineering team to implement new machine automation features within the Ombud Platform
- Design, develop and deploy enterprise scale machine learning models that are integrated with key product features to build the next generation of Ombud
- Work closely with DevOps and the platform to build, evaluate, and scale the Ombud platform to support Machine Learning Services in a scalable and microservices architecture
- Communicate complex machine learning concepts in a clear and effective manner to business stakeholders to maximize the effectiveness of machine learning initiatives
- Evaluate next generation Machine Learning technologies, prototype findings and work with the product team to expand Ombud's roadmap and implementation of Machine Learning within the core platform
- B.S. degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a similar quantitative field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the following: data mining/predictive modeling, Linux/Unix tools, and experience in mathematical programming libraries (e.g., R, Weka, Matlab, SAS)
- Expert in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python or similar)
- Expertise on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian Non-Parametrics methods
- Experience implementing Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies in a production environment using semi-structured data sources
- Experience using Word2vec or other token-vector techniques; you have followed the recent transfer-learning developments in NLP (Bert, Elmo, etc.)
- Experience and preference for containerization technologies
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact
Ombud Values IT WAR:
- Integrity: Total trust in the team; striving for what is good and right
- Thought Leadership: Mediocrity is not the fail-safe; aptitude and desire to continue learning
- Willingness: Prompt to act or respond; contribute outside of your job description
- Ambition: Self-Starter that doesn’t wait for things to happen, Focus and Drive to accomplish something great; relentless pursuit of opportunity
- Reliability: Perform consistently well; dependable
What Ombud Offers You:
- A culture that fosters career development and values working together as a team
- Employee Stock Option Plan (our employees are owners)
- Full Benefits, including: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Leave, Sabbatical, RTD Eco-Pass
- Downtown Denver working environment
About Ombud: Ombud is building an Intelligent Content Collaboration platform that scales intelligence across global organizations by re-inventing how content is managed, collaboration is orchestrated, and machine learning is applied to streamline sales operations. The Ombud platform is changing how people organize, collaborate and execute their day-to-day workflow while improving their quality of life and organizational efficiency. Industry innovators such as Nutanix, Kronos, Palo Alto Networks, Zendesk, SendGrid, Ping Identity, Instructure, LogMeIn, HubSpot, Anaplan, and Cloudera use Ombud to create a competitive advantage, increase thought leadership, and grow their businesses.
Ombud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at Ombud are based on merit, competence, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital status, military service, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive and entrepreneurial work environment.