Forecasting Analytics - Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Forecasting Analyst will have a direct impact on growing the Sling International business. Including helping us forecast performance in current Sling subscriber acquisitions and in supporting marketing, programming, and the digital team as Sling continues to drive the future of entertainment and interactivity. We’re looking for those with the capability and desire to position themselves and the Sling business for rapid growth.
The position will focus on producing an accurate, practical forecast that improves our effectiveness in budgeting and planning for our business. The role will utilize historical data to understand marketing, event, and seasonal impacts on client acquisition and retention. The role will evolve to help automate these processes to optimize financial strategies aimed at maximizing the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. Where it goes from there… you get to help us decide.
As part of the Finance, Strategy and Analytics team, the Forecasting Analyst will be responsible for building and maintaining forecasting reporting, including viewership, customer behaviors, budget, and product performance. This includes using advanced statistical models, developing and maintaining analytic infrastructure, and more.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Manage, generate, and deliver forecast and budget as assigned, comparing actual results to planned and adjusting forecast accordingly.
- Prepare and present reports, charts, and tables detailing market factors that impact forecast.
- Forecasting acquisitions, churn, market size, retention, viewership, etc.
- Performing financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting to support the marketing and programming team in their negotiations with stakeholders.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing company objectives, and customer satisfaction.
- Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Forecasting Analyst for our International business will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and 2+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with international or domestic entertainment industry sales, marketing, and communication
- Strong Excel skills and proficiency with Google Docs, Slides, and other Google Suite programs; Detail-oriented with the ability to review and analyze large volumes of data.
- Deep understanding of qualitative and quantitative forecasting methods
- High energy, positive attitude, and thrives on working in fast paced environment with ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: comfortable communicating with upper management; Excellent interpersonal skills: highly focused on building and maintaining strong internal and external business relationships.