Director, Engine & Data Connectors
Our ideal candidate is a proven technology leader with a history of building high performing development teams that deliver astounding software outcomes. You will be responsible for leading the strategy and development of our core IP specifically our Alteryx Engine and Data Connectors, a fundamental piece of the Alteryx product suite. The successful candidate will demonstrate the Alteryx core values of customer emphasis, innovation, compassion, accountability and character.
- Hires, inspires, and leads multiple high-performing teams and senior individual contributors to deliver our Engine and Data Connectors capabilities to the Alteryx product suite.
- Works with technical leadership team to develop a technical strategy for Engine and Data Connectors to support the roadmaps of the products within the Alteryx product suite.
- Works with Product to define high-level product features and initiatives, evaluates them for feasibility and estimates effort required.
- Collaborates across other dependent investment areas (Designer, Smart Predictive, Platform, Visualytics) as well as cross-functional teams to ensure successful execution and great product releases across the entire Alteryx platform.
- Works with fellow leadership to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements and to optimize our software delivery processes.
- Creates a great work environment through modeling exemplary servant leadership, mentoring our development managers, team leads, and emerging leaders in this style.
- Strong desire to lead; servant leader with passion for developing people and high performance teams
- Significant leading the building complex technical products ideally in compiled languages
- At least 15 years of experience in software development with at least 5 years of experience managing large software teams; strongly prefer multi-location delivery experience
- Demonstrable experience and interest in architecting complex software products/solutions; deep familiarity with modern technologies, design principles, and patterns
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Proven success in improving software reliability and release predictability
- Strong experience with C++ is significant plus
- Expertise/experience with Linux architectures and development a plus