Director, Data Science
Who are we?
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. ANGI Homeservices operates 10 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Golden, CO.
Interested in making a big impact with a fast-growing company? HomeAdvisor is seeking a Director - Data Science, as part of our Applied Data Science (ADS) team. ADS is a recently formed, technically savvy group eager to apply advanced analytics to make an impact at the company. ADS works with all pillars in the organization to build predictive models, explore and research business questions, and run statistical tests. While the team is currently small, showcasing the impact this team can have on the business will increase the potential to grow the team in the future.
Generally, the Director - Data Science responsibilities will include:
- Manage a small team of data scientists and data engineers – mentor and guide team members toward career goals, manage overall performance for individuals, and hire new team members as required
- Develop, support, and execute projects from across the organization including product, technology, marketing, sales and finance
- Work closely with the Executive team to devise and implement, advise on possible strategic growth areas, and communicate team findings
- Champion the use of data science and applied analytics in the organization
- Lead the development of data science products from ideation through exploration and production; scope and prioritize projects with team members and business partners
We’re looking for someone who has strong managerial and leadership experience, who can pay attention to the detail without losing sight of the big picture. We seek someone who is as comfortable working with Executives as they are working with their team, and who is excited to work for a fast-growing team in the world of applied analytics.
- 5+ years of overall experience with 3+ years of experience working with predictive and advanced analytics including regression, forecasting, statistical tests and other machine learning algorithms
- Experience with data analytics and statistical tools including SQL, R, and Python
- Experience working with source code management tools (e.g., git)
- At least 2 years in a leadership position, with proven experience mentoring/developing team members, leading strategic initiatives, and championing data analytics in an organization
- Proven experience communicating and working effectively at all levels of an organization; past experience working directly with VP-level or higher Executives to define and implement strategic projects
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field like applied mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computer science or similar.
- Strong business acumen, with the understanding of how to balance business need and technical innovation
- Ability to focus on the details of a project without losing sight of the larger business impact
- Nice to Have:
- Experience working with big data to extract business insights
- Experience working with internal and external data (e.g., demographics, economic indicators)
- Understanding of website conversion rates
Have some general questions about working with us? Chat online with our recruiting team – visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register for our next chat.