Greater Boulder Area
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data, and our mission is to become the de facto standard for next generation Big Data Processing and Analytics Engines.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire Database Engineers to join our team! In this role, you will be a critical part of our engineering team, developing database software at the core of Xcalar’s relational compute engine.
Xcalar’s engineering team is responsible for developing the products used in financial services industry, government institutions and pharmaceutical companies to provide timely insights in production, and hence has to be highly reliable and scalable. All of us in Engineering take pride in the code that we write, and we go to lengths to ensure our products are dependable and robust because any bugs can major disruptions.
- Architect, design, and develop a highly scalable and distributed data warehouse for cloud and on-prem environments
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle from product definition and design, through implementation and testing
- Design and reason about parallel algorithms to ensure that operations can run as parallel and concurrent for database table operations with transactional semantics
- Work on challenging database problems, such as query optimization and execution, consistency and isolation levels, etc.
- Focus on delivering the highest levels of robustness, performance, modularity, and simplicity in a distributed, multi-threaded environment
- Work with engineering leadership to ensure the design and development are on track and meet our product goals and quality metrics
- Create clear and concise documentation for all the work performed, including architecture and design documents, code comments, technical notes, READMEs, bug fixes, root cause analysis, etc.
- Work with the automation team and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during the product development process
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years database software engineering
- Proficiency in C / C++ programming
- Experienced in Database internals such as indexing, partitioning, access methods, locking, logging, caching, serialization and transaction processing
- Strong track record in delivering production software with high quality
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in high-performance teams
- Interested in working at a small, fast-moving, early stage startup
Xcalar is an exciting, early-stage, Series A, well-funded, Big Data, software startup in hyper-growth mode.
The Xcalar product suite comprises the following:
- Xcalar Data Platform, a scale-out analytics platform for data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- Xcalar Virtual Data Warehouse, a scale-out data warehouse for operational analytics
Xcalar is an open and extensible analytics platform that delivers actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale. Its patented technologies provide a cloud-scale platform for the complete analytics pipeline including data preparation, data science, data warehousing, and ad-hoc analytics. Xcalar’s enterprise grade software scales to hundreds of nodes, thousands of users, and petabytes of data, for both cloud and on-premises deployments.
Xcalar uniquely extends native relational algebra on a scale-out platform for modern data, giving enterprises the ability to intuitively discover insights using a variety of open programming languages, interactive model design, as well as traditional SQL. It provides visibility, access, and auditability with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the analytics pipeline.
Xcalar provides a comprehensive platform for analyzing and processing big data.
Read Full Job Description