Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is a team of 160+ of the best and brightest minds in Denver who all share a common goal: to reimagine how the mobile workforce works.
200+ enterprise brands in 70 countries across 6 continents power their mobile workforces with GoSpotCheck. Our software helps teams perfect merchandising, increase sales, reduce labor and expenses, ensure safety and quality, and improve profitability from the field. We do this with dynamic surveys, digital photo capture, machine learning, artificial intelligence, advanced analytics, IoT and data integrations, Bluetooth thermometer integrations, and automated issue resolution with flexible workflows. We power cloud-based mobile and desktop solutions and provide fast implementations to deliver quick time to value. We currently serve the retail, fast moving consumer goods/consumer goods, restaurant, beer-wine-spirits, facilities, commercial real estate, and healthcare industries and equip their operations and sales teams with elegant, easy-to-use tools to do their jobs efficiently in the field.
Our customers have completed an incredible 500,000,000 business-building missions using our tools, and include market leaders like PepsiCo, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Danone, Under Armour and more.
What You’ll Do
As a Database Administrator at GoSpotCheck, you’ll work directly with our agile product teams in the implementation, usage, and maintenance of PostgreSQL databases, with an eye towards maintainability, scalability, and performance.
What We'll Achieve
- Your strengths in collaboration and teamwork will make you a key player in helping our product agile teams tackle database problems head-on.
- Your competence in our systems and forward-thinking mindset will allow us to continue to improve our database implementation to head off potential performance issues.
- You will support our engineering teams in use of PostgreSQL –integration, best practices, database and schema design.
- You will help Implement data standards, governance, processes, and policies across the company to ensure accurate delivery of key performance indicators.
Who You Are
- You have managed and administered relational databases, PostgreSQL preferred, for 4+ years.
- You have no problem supporting the DevOps team in production (Heroku PostgreSQL, Aiven PostgreSQL, and Citus Data).
- You are familiar with Postgres extensions such as PostGIS
- You love to stay up to date on all things data storage, especially when it comes to cloud offerings.
- Experienced with additional data storage solutions and understand the differences in the solutions to be able to recommend specific direction
- You have confidence in being the front-line to diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues when required.
- You are coming from a product-oriented company and are well-versed in SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- You have experience implementing proactive policies for performance profiling and testing.
- You have experience in, and can manage best practices for, PostgreSQL database maintenance strategy and execution.
- Experience with interfacing with data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake a plus
- Your preference is to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- You’re comfortable with feedback - you take it like a champ, implement it with efficiency, and deliver it with tact.
- You have worked in a smaller environment, or in a consulting role, and know how to be resourceful in order to get things done.
- You have an open mind to using the technology that will produce the best results.
- You (preferably) earned a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
We are innovators: We believe in the power of human ingenuity and create technology to unleash it. We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are leaders: We believe we’re only as successful as our customers. We’re here to help them reach their goals. We provide exceptional customer service, strategic recommendations, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business has a fundamental imperative to help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We built a company centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with empathetic, smart, customer-obsessed, growth-minded, passionately curious professionals and “doers” who share our common values. We’re passionate about creating intuitive, beautiful, effective tools to power the mobile workforce around the world. We are honored to be BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado 2019, category winner of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, and one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description