At Versa, the Data Scientist will be responsible for taking data from online advertising, organic social media and our proprietary software and turning them into actionable information for our team. You’ll take what we know and use our data to model successful audiences in service of our mission of creating impactful content and helping people get their messages heard.
In this role, you’ll be the main voice on data inside our company across all our work. You’ll be a key member in developing all lines of business, and your insights will inform every corner of the company. You’ll interact with our media, software and executive teams to make sure we implement your data successfully.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being an expert on every part of our ads measurement – conversion lift and experiments, reach and frequency, brand lift, ROI and more.
- Working flexibly across teams and datasets to find key insights.
- Building ways for all teams to be accountable to key results.
- Identifying opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Using predictive modeling to increase and optimize user experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Helping our reporting tell the right story to stakeholders and clients.
- Creating and managing a database of all results.
- Staying on the cutting edge of what works on Facebook, Google and across the digital marketing ecosystem so that we can respond to algorithm shifts and new products.
Required skills and experience:
- Background in Facebook ad data, Facebook Analytics, Google AdWords data, Google Analytics and other advertising data.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Comfort working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- Experience using Tableau.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Ability to create metrics using regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.
- Between 2 and 4 years of experience in a related field.
We'd love it if you have:
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages and drawbacks.
- A passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with multiple teams to improve business outcomes.
- A history of designing excellent online testing programs.
- A degree in statistics, data or a related field.
- Experience with Intercom or other customer messaging and support platforms.
We’d like to make it clear that you don't have to have all these things. Unicorns aren’t real. If you don’t have the entire checklist, that’s fine. We want to find a talented, organized person with a solid and unique perspective. If this could be you, then hit that apply button.
This is a full-time position in our Denver, CO office.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, in-office peer pressure from coworkers to maintain a healthy work/life balance, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Versa embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Would you like to join us?