Simple Energy is a fast-paced, fast-growing, Boulder, CO-based venture-backed SaaS Software and E-Commerce company. We are also a Certified B-Corp and a graduate of the TechStars accelerator program. We work with electric and gas utilities to help motivate and enable customers to save energy via targeted motivational messaging and its instant-rebate E-commerce platform. To date, we’ve raised over $10mm from leading Silicon Valley and Boulder VCs and angel investors; we currently have 75+ employees.
We are searching for an experienced, passionate, and disciplined Data Scientist who is committed to changing the way millions of people save, think about, and understand their energy usage. You will support our product, sales, leadership and marketing squads with insights gained to help guide application and business development with our product and engineering teams. This support will come from a combination of leveraging data-driven insights from existing platform features and building user-facing analytics.
High level overview of the role:
Create a personalized, more relevant experience for our customers through customer marketing and segmentation
- Gather insights about customer behavior and the ways they use energy from quantitative and qualitative research in order to better inform our product solutions.
- Use our wealth of data sources, such as energy usage, marketing data, and premise data to personalize the customer experience.
- Create an approach to target customer messaging so that we can provide customers with accurate and timely energy saving actions.
- Use the latest behavioral science techniques to engage customers in their energy usage and keep them engaged.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
Use Data to understand the effectiveness of our products
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Extract and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Create models to help us measure the overall energy savings impact of our products.
Qualifications for Data Scientist
- In a professional data science and/or software engineering setting, the candidate:
- Has familiarity with marketing data such as email engagement metrics
- Has experience developing, testing, and implementing customer segments
- Is fluent in at least one statistical computer language: Python, R, etc.
- Has utilized statistical analysis or machine learning to gain insight from very large data sets
- Has experience querying databases with SQL
- Has created, used, and leveraged both supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms and their components: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Has visualized/presented data for key stakeholders in an accessible format
- Values: Aligned to Simple Energy’s mission, actively understands the need for and supports diversity, openness to different points of view, self-aware, and has a positive, proactive attitude.
- Outcome orientation: Driven to help deliver critical company outcomes through quantitative means.
- Thought Process: An appetite for problem solving, curiosity, knack for structured thinking and process creation, ability to spot unusual patterns and an emphasis on product development.
- Growth Mindset: Comfortable with learning and growing from mistakes. Drive to continuously learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Great communicator: Communicates proactively across the team and external stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate results and explain your solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
Reporting to: VP, Engineering
Start date: ASAP
Simple Energy does not work with third party recruiters.