Data Engineering Manager
Ibotta’s Data Services team is expanding and we’re looking for an Data Engineering Manager to lead our Data Engineering team in helping to drive our data strategies, grow our capabilities, and continue to develop our data engineering team. Additionally, this leader will provide technology leadership, career development and mentoring to team members, and guidance in architectural and design decisions
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Lead the strategic direction and tactical execution of Data Engineering at Ibotta
- Champion data engineering within the scope of Ibotta’s ambitious data strategy and as a foundational function in our Technology organization
- Design durable, flexible, and scalable data pipelines and frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of both structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming data
- Work in close partnership with the Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Management functions to develop and implement best practices across the technology organization
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Ibotta architecture team to ensure alignment on data standards and processes
- Define the scope, resources and deliverables of data engineering projects
- Set clear expectations for team members; solicit, synthesize and deliver feedback
- Work closely with the Ibotta recruiting team to identify and hire top talent for the data engineering team
- Proactively identify and clear roadblocks for the data engineering team
- Promote and maintain a healthy and collaborative culture across the team and organization
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of data engineering management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a data engineer in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and platforms (e.g. Kafka) is a strong plus
- Understanding and experience with Agile software development and management
- Exposure to multiple languages, frameworks, and big data tools, preferably: Python, Airflow, Hive & Spark
- Experience with cloud-based data architectures and platforms (AWS preferred)
- Motivated by a fast paced environment while encompassing our key behaviors including proposing creative solutions, winning as a team, and adapting well to change
- Effective written and verbal communicator
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.