Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Data Engineer position is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of MSSQL Data Warehouse to support analysis and reporting. The role is also responsible for maintaining, supporting, and enhancing existing integration systems as well as assisting in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing, and other Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) related activities. This is an individual contributor position with no personnel responsibilities.
- Member of the Data Architecture Team working to protect, improve, and leverage the value of our data assets.
- Implement interfaces to meet changing integration requirements after fully understanding company-specific configurations.
- Maintain and develop current data warehouse integrations and processes.
- Provide production support for integration servers.
- Provide SQL and reporting support across various business groups.
- Manage and coordinate data loads in production environment.
- Follow standard test plans to test each client and ensure that configured functionality meets the needs of the company.
- Negotiate and make changes to existing interfaces as needed.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills.
- Proficiency in MS SQL Server, SQL Serve Reporting Services (SSRS) and MS BI stack preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Intelligence, Computer Information Systems, or similar.
- 5+ years of database design, data management, reporting, and ETL.
- The ability to collaborate across functional groups.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience with data migration/integration efforts.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- This position will be required to be part of an on-call rotation and will occasionally be responsible for after-hours maintenance work.
- Prior experience with Salesforce, Cast Iron integration application, and DBAmp considered a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave