Havenly is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work in our Denver HQ. In this role, you’ll work closely with our Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers to figure out ways to optimize the core user, designer, and e-commerce experience - all using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction.You’ll get the opportunity to solve some of our most challenging business problems that will unlock huge areas of opportunity for the business.
We’re making the delight of a beautiful home accessible for everyone, and we would love your help in doing so. If you’re interested in tackling big challenges, working hard, and creating success at a top funded consumer startup in Denver, this might be the job for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a highly scalable, reliable, and real-time data processing pipeline.
- Partner with the Data Science team to provide data infrastructure for a variety of projects.
- Enable data science/analytics team to write new transformations in infrastructure managed by data engineering.
- Design, build and launch new ETL processes into production.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage issues and drive to resolution.
- Work with our entire team to help provide a consistent, fast, and delightful experience to our customers and designers.
What You'll Bring
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years in a Data Engineering role.
- 5+ years experience with Python or Java development.
- Experience with modern data platforms (Spark, Hadoop/Map Reduce, Hive, Airflow, Kafka/Kinesis)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with machine learning frameworks Tensorflow and Keras
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience working cross-functionally to communicate data plans that address business challenges.
- Ability to develop and scale ETL pipelines.
- Expertise with SQL, databases management, and best practices.
- The desire to always leave code better than you found it.
Who you are:
- A true team player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
- A great communicator - You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in cross-functional group settings.
- Startup Savvy - You want to work hard and build something great, and have the ability to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Innately curious - You have a thirst for new knowledge, and are curious to the core. You are excited about digging in, and tackling new things, and are constantly wondering why or how to make things better or different.
What we offer:
- A challenging opportunity, and a great team to work beside
- A data driven environment where your insights and expertise will be valued
- An environment where you can move fast, work hard, see results, and feel your impact
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful startup
- Salary, benefits, and design services - Have a room that needs some love? We got you!
At Havenly we hire people who exhibit gumption, act like owners, outperform, and are always playful. If this sounds like a great fit for you, and a challenge you're ready to run with, we want to hear from you.