Data Applications Engineer
SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices. Visit our About Us page to learn more.
Company: SpotX, Inc.
Requisition ID: 21273
We are seeking a highly talented Data Applications Engineer who can be an important part of our growing Big Data team located in Broomfield, CO. We are a dynamic but casual environment with highly talented peers. The most successful team members are versatile, methodical and enjoy focusing on new challenges.
At SpotX, we process and store over 50 billion events per day which means you will need to bring your experience in crafting and working with an architecture capable of handling hundreds of thousands of events per second. This role will cover constructing the BD design.
We don’t believe in “culture fit”. We believe in you being a genuine human being and pleasant to work with. Sure, we might share a beer at work or after work but you don’t have to. You just need to be a contributing member of our team who is thoughtful and wants to do quality work.
Making an immediate impact:
- Data Application development and implementation
- Loading disparate data sets and performing analysis of vast data stores
- Create reporting applications utilizing Big Data platform
- Developing new tools and technologies in the video ad serving space
- Embody a team spirit and participate in a scrum team comprised of 4 to 5 developers
- Participate in daily standup meetings and all meetings of the agile SDLC: planning, estimation, retrospectives, demos, etc.
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- Strong experience with Python or Scala (or Java)
- Solid OO skills in any languages, Linux knowledge & database experiences
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Experience running queries on petabytes of data
- Experience building applications using Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Hadoop, or Hive
- Work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Make a real difference - your code reaches millions of people as soon as you release it
- Work in a fun, casual, team environment – flip flops OK
- Frisbees and foosball tables
- Benefits such as medical, dental and 401(k)