Data Analyst – Travelers Haven
We're not for everybody. We're for those who are passionate, unapologetically ambitious, and determined for success. Is that you? Then we should talk.
We hire talented people that thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where every day brings a new challenge. If you've been searching for an opportunity to help shape the future of temporary housing, we want to talk to you!
With central locations in Denver, our employees work and live in culturally vibrant and growing Mile High City. Our headquarters, just minutes from downtown Denver, Cherry Creek and offers westward views of the Entire Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Easy access to a full-service gym, nearby restaurants, coffee shops, and free parking.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Analyst to join our Denver-based marketing team! As a crucial member of a high-performance team, reporting directly to the Chief Strategy Office. This role offers the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the future of an exceptional brand. This role’s primary goal will be driving targeted brand awareness, expanding brand loyalty, and filling the funnel with high-quality leads. In partnership with the CSO, this individual will help build and shape a world-class, revenue-generating marketing engine!
We are looking for a Data Analyst that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in building critical company reports, applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, developing hypotheses for A/B and multi-variate testing and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Building and maintaining reports that span every department of the company
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Developing lead scoring algorithms for our lead generation efforts
- Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional business partners to identify growth opportunities
- Designing and implementing statistical tests around our site, marketing channels and various marketing touchpoints and verify their significance and overall impact.
- Documenting all research and findings. You will build the company’s institutional knowledge and unlock new opportunities for growth and ways to operate more effectively.
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or other quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience using data analysis and mathematical direction to inform decisions and solve problems
- Expert in SQL and proficient in Python, R, or other analytical programming languages
- Advanced relational database knowledge (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Excellent presentation skills. You can communicate your results and spark action as well as you can find answers
- A natural curiosity and skepticism, helping lead you to experiments and tests in the name of improvement
- Advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, charts are a breeze)
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Familiarity with growth marketing metrics and techniques
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience with PostgreSQL is preferred
- Data-oriented personality
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.