Ibotta is looking for a Client Analyst to help build out analyses that provide compelling, actionable and data-driven recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to provide clients with actionable insights about Ibotta’s users and campaign performance
- Communicate complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear, concise manner both internally as well as to external clients
- Work to enhance and automate current processes
- Respond to time-sensitive requests and analyses
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related quantitative field
- 2+ years work experience in an analytical field
- Demonstrated analytical ability, conceptual thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL and proven data wrangling skills
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with distributed big-data tools like Spark, Hive, Presto a plus
- Experience in mobile, retail or CPG a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile, and has paid out more than $340 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads, and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.