Business Data Analyst
Markit Digital hiring a Business/Data Analyst to join our Data Solutions team. In this position you will write data requirements for web development projects. The position requires interfacing with clients and vendors daily to implement solutions and troubleshoot issues. The Data Solutions team supports multiple internal and external teams.
As a member of the Data Solutions team you will support multiple web development projects. Working on a cross functional team with Design, Project Management and Engineering you will be the subject matter expert on data sources and access. Additionally, your role will include overseeing vendor change notifications and managing projects which result from vendor driven changes.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Contributing member to multiple project teams responsible for writing functional data requirements and then facilitating implementation as wells as verifying the requirements were implemented correctly
- Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships and verifying licenses.
- Run ad hoc SQL queries to evaluate and test data sources
- Tier 3 support for vendor data issues reported through client and vendor channels
- A Bachelor's degree in an analytical or quantitative field, or 2+ years of applicable experience
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with third party data providers, understand specification documents and communicate requirements to engineering team.
- Utilize project management skills to implement third party changes.
- Utilize SQL skills and demonstrated understanding of relational databases.
- Ability to use moderate/advanced Excel skills (pivot table, v look-up, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of financial markets and market data.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Drives resolution in ambiguous situations
- Love to learn, everyday
- Strong ability to multitask and maintain composure while fielding multiple requests for information on a daily basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to multitask and maintain composure while fielding multiple requests for information on a daily basis
- Eagerness to be challenged with new tasks and responsibilities